Why blog???

Over the years, I've learned that the best form of therapy is to share life's experiences with others! I'm a craft ADDICT, my Cricut is my newest crafting toy, teaching is a passion and I love sharing my knowledge with others, Focused Ed, is a huge blessing and is the business my bestie and I started when we left the public school classroom in August of 2013, take more pictures than I can scrapbook, and most importantly....Bryan and I became parents to our sweet miracle baby, Cooper Kenneth, June 25th, 2014! Our journey for adoption was simply a God-story and we hope it gives you a glimpse into the power of prayer and real life miracles!!! As life after adoption has progressed I find myself steeped in our church, small groups, and living life for the Lord and having fun while doing it. I'm real, honest and am an open book, I believe there is power in sharing the good, the bad and the ugly, in celebrating victories and mourning loss and struggle.

I used to blog recipes, but...well, I have a 3 year old and much more important things to do than take time for new recipes, but the ones on my other blog are yummy - In all that is Good!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The best NEWS ever!!


Wow, we've been with Cooper for 5 full days now! He's made leaps and bounds in progress....eating and breathing at the same time without having to always be paced...not perfected, but close!  He weighs 7lbs 1.3oz and is 19.7 inches long. We have an amazing doctor and excellent nurses. He had two of mommy's great friends come to Austin to visit on Friday. On Saturday i was able to be home in Denton to be in Karsten's wedding, it gave Bryan and Coop some time together, plus Gran and Pops came to meet Cooper. 

I went to bed late Saturday night after the wedding, and read my emails prior...one from the attorney telling me the paperwork from the Paternity Registry was on their fax machine......with no answer...my heart was racing....what does that mean? It must mean the answer was no....surely she would not tease me like that......needless to say, falling asleep was a challenge! 

Sunday Oma and Opa drove me back, and got to meet Cooper. While driving the attorney's office replied telling me the answer was NO NO NO!!!!!!  No one had submitted to the Registry to take paternal claim to Cooper.....our fight is OVER. Paternal rights will be terminated...how that works I'm not totally clear on....bottom line....there is no man that can ever claim Cooper as theirs, besides Bryan...and that's the best feeling ever!  I knew it would be a no, but guarded myself for a fight....just in case! Now Doubters and nay-Sayers can let their guard down....we fought a battle for a baby The Lord clear said was ours, and HE won!  It wasn't an easy battle, lots of us were hurt, but He never promised us that our life would be easy, or easy to explain or understand, He told us to trust Him and He will make our paths the way He designed them to be, all we must do is trust and have faith like a child! 

We won't go to court to have our final adoption/name change/new birth certificate for about 4months, but that's simply a formality! No one can take him from us! He IS Cooper Kenneth Cozens!  And we stand in utter amazement at the God story this little guy was a huge part of! 

Today was a big day...besides our final news, meeting Oma and Opa, spending time and saying bye to Gran and Pops, we gave him our second bath....and he hated it!  He had been chugging down 90mL of formula every four hours, to only eat 65mL after his bath. He was plum tuckered out! I tried telling him he'd be less tired if he wouldn't cry and fight the bath...but he has STINKY feet, so a bath was a must! He did get to wear his new outfit from Gran's friends...such a cutie pie he is!

Right now we are slated to go home on Wednesday....as long as I don't have any "bradies" aka being lazy and not breathing. I had a few yesterday, but my doctor says I caught myself and started breathing again quick enough that it wouldn't extend my time til Saturday! Woooohoooooo! So ready to meet PB!


Isn't my new outfit cute??  I'm pretty darn cute when I'm mad! Well, I'm pretty darn cute always! 

 Just staring at my Daddy
This was during bath #1 on Thurs, June 26th






1 comment:

  1. Way to make me tear up at work Jessica. So happy for you and the whole family! Praise God and all His great glory!

    ReplyDelete